The Devon & Cornwall Office of Police and Crime Commissioner has circulated the following link for sharing with members of the public in England and Wales so they can report suspected Covid-19 breaches to the police.
Information from EDDC 11/1/21:
Coronavirus Community Support Hub
We’re continuing our Coronavirus Community Support Hub, which can provide support and guidance to residents in need. Residents can ask for help using our online form: https://eastdevon.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/community-support/coronavirus-community-support-hub/ or by calling 01395 571500 (the same number as before).
The Coronavirus Community Food Fund
Our food fund is open to applications from you: https://eastdevon.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/community-support/coronavirus-community-food-fund/
It gives quick grants of between £500 and £2,500 for projects related to providing food to residents of East Devon who are in food poverty during Coronavirus. Projects can include, for example:
- A food bank whose stocks of items are running low and they need an immediate donation to enable them to restock.
- A foodbank that needs different items to what they have, for example if they need nappies or cleaning products that they aren’t receiving through donations.
- New equipment / resources that allow groups to have the capacity for the increased number of people needing their food related service.
- A service providing hot meals delivered to the homes of vulnerable people, children or adults, who might otherwise not have a hot meal.
- Costs related to collecting food donations and delivering food to those in need.
- Training of staff and volunteers working on food related projects.
It can be used to fund eligible capital (so for physical things like equipment) and revenue costs (so for things like training, petrol costs).
Financial Hardship Fund
If residents are struggling to afford food or other essentials, ask them to fill in our online application form: https://eastdevon.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/benefits-and-council-tax/information-financial-hardship-fund/ Help available includes access to emergency short term support through shopping vouchers, food bank referrals, utility top ups, paying for essential travel needs, or essential advice and support services, or referrals to apply for Benefits.
If you haven’t already done so, you’d probably find it really useful to sign up to our residents newsletter, and encourage residents to sign up as well to get the latest updates from us: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKEDDC/subscriber/new