VACANCY FOR COTLEIGH PARISH COUNCILLOR
There is a vacancy on Cotleigh Parish Council.
Being a Parish Councillor in Cotleigh gives you a real opportunity to make a difference to the community and it gives you a chance to help make Cotleigh an even better place to live.
To be a parish councillor you must be:
· a British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union, and
· 18 years or older
· For the whole of the 12 months prior prior to nomination you must:
– Have been an elector of the parish and either occupied or owned/rented premises in the parish,
– Or resided within 3 miles of the boundary of the parish, or
– Had your principal or only place of work in that area
You cannot stand for election if you….
· Are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
· Have, within five years before the day of the election been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine
To find out more about joining Cotleigh Parish Council please call Kerry Kennell on 01404 861129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, to apply to be co-opted to the vacancy, just write a brief summary about yourself to include:
· Length of residence in the Parish
· Membership and involvement with any community associations within the Parish or elsewhere
· Particular interests and concerns concerning the Parish.
· Any professional or work related experience which could be utilised for the benefit of the Parish?
· Confirm your eligibility to stand in line with the rules above
and send it to Mrs Kerry Kennell, Courtmoor Farm, Upottery, Honiton, Devon EX14 9QA or email email@example.com by Wednesday 18th April.